Wednesday 19 December 2012

Rain Returns and the Cold Persists

Showing Bella into the garden last night, I noticed my breath caught in the torch beam - so I spent a few minutes trying to co-ordinate my breathing with the torch beam and the capture delay of the camera. This was the best attempt…
Felt up to taking Bella out for her morning constitutional this morning, in the drizzly rain. Passed this broken pyrex dish, which has sat on this wall for about a month now - being joined by an old baking tray and a present bow. Maybe this will entice the recycling men to remove it?
We went down to the Little Theatre to see "Argo" - our last chance (and Orange 2 for 1!). It was a really funny and tense film - gripping right to the end. Good cast, good script, very atmospheric of revolutionary Iran and well worth seeing if you haven't already.
Su stayed in town doing some shopping, while I came home and watched the rain while my cold came back for another round of stopping me doing much. This is getting boring - for me as well as for my readers. On a cheerier note, we have tonight booked our ferry to France at the end of June for a couple of weeks touring round in the van - so we are all set for next year now!
This day a year ago, I spotted this iris still in flower just two days before the Winter Solstice



No comments:

Post a Comment