Saturday 31 December 2011

Unanticipated Domestic Day

A late start this morning, and out for a morning stroll under an overcast sky.  These berries pierced the gloom.
 This was the view looking over towards Bathwick Hill
These flowers are out early. Lots of buds coming, so let's hope the frost stays away.
This car still has not moved!
Christmas is over for this family at least...
Our guerrilla gardeners have been at work late at night, tucking up the trees and shrubs.  Su says they need to prune them as well!
This is Bella's favourite toy - a Christmas present from Richard and Barbara.  It has displaced Snoopy in her affections, but can be a little difficult for us to spot on some backgrounds..
I have had this guitar case (and enclosed classical guitar) since my 18th birthday. I am ashamed to admit that it has been filthy (with the covering peeling off) for as long as Su has known me. Today, it took me not very long with a damp rag and the two bodger's magic ingredients - WD40 and gaffer tape - to restore its shine and stop the peeling.  A job well done, if some decades overdue.
I did some washing and defrosted the fridge as well as moving some more bits around the house, and sorted the music for tomorrow's Street New Year's Day gathering.  This was displacement activity, because I had yet another migraine aura and subsequent headache, so could not read or look at screens for quite a while. Now I am able to do so, I have found a paper with an illustration which gives an idea of my apparently quite common hallucinations. Being an recovering academic, I have to give an indication of the source as well! 
G. D. Schott,"Exploring the visual hallucinations of migraine aura: the tacit contribution of illustration" Brain > Volume130, Issue6 > Pp. 1690-1703.

Thanks to all our readers for making December  our second highest ever total (unless we get 38 more page views before midnight - which might just be possible, given our recent figures!)

Hope you all have a Happy New Year! 2012 beckons...

No comments:

Post a Comment