Monday 9 April 2012

Cars, Flowers, Dim Sum And Wood

The predicted rain materialised overnight, bringing an end to the unseasonable dry spell as well as cleaning off our newly revealed yard and steps.  Taking Bella out this morning, I was suddenly struck by the number of upmarket cars parked on our street. Another Jaguar…
 A nearly new BMW…
An Audi…
The Mercedes I have shown here before…
Another Audi…
The Jaguar I have shown before. I heard it starting up today - sounded like a tank revving up!
Feeling chastened at owning a 19 year old VW van (in good company with lots of other cars on our road  - many VWs and Skodas), looked out over "Misty Valley". More like "Rainy Valley" today.
I'm used to seeing rubbish on this path, but not a dustpan. Maybe someone left it there for my next clear-up? For some strange reason, there has been little litter dropped since the schools broke up for Easter.
Rain makes the flowers grow - this is the first umbellifer I have seen this year.
More whitebells.
This well established mespil is in full bloom - ours is waiting for the rain and wind to abate.
We had promised ourselves a reward for taking down the decking yesterday, so today it was off to Dynasty in Bristol for a dim sum lunch. This was the aftermath…
What a disassembled deck looks like.  Need to move it to show the garden off to better advantage.
This day a year ago, I was enjoying having finished all my taught classes at UWE (last-ever tutorials the day before). Went to Iford to have a pre A-level Music Technology session with the son of my osteopath in a rather nice garden chalet. He got the grades to go to Falmouth, and is doing very well apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment