Sunday 3 November 2013

Pumpkins Galore, Flowers and Flatbread

A bright start to the day - at least at the back of the house (the front was more foreboding).
Another culinary first for me this morning - I made my first ever flatbreads - tortilla wraps. Not many left, so I will go into production tomorrow and stock the freezer with them.
The weather looked as if it would stay dry - until I decided to hang some washing out. So I brought it back in - and the sun came out again … until I took Bella out for her afternoon walk, when the skies opened.  This pumpkin was the first of many I saw on the walk.
Found this cuuningly crafted (if damp) cardboard sword - a legacy of Halloween?
Impressive acer in a neighbour's front garden. 
The skies cleared a little. 
More Halloween survivors. 
And another. 
These courgette flowers keep coming. 
Evening primrose flowers still going strong as well. 
Verbena bonariensis coming to the end of its season, but still some colour left. 
Still life with pumpkin and watering can. 
 What you looking at?
A discarded set of broken earphones - another first for my collection of abandoned items.
Walking over these beech nut casings was pretty crunchy. 
This gateway and gate on a sloping road caused me some difficulty in deciding quite where the vertical was. 
Another pumpkin. 
 I was taken by the colour of this creeper.
And another… 
 … and another!
 But this display took the prize!
Snap! 
I liked the creeper up the front of this house as well. 
 A neighbour's Jim Pye weed
This day a year ago, we were treated to a morning rainbow for the third morning in a row.
When We Were Young(er) in Xerocambos on Crete in 2004 this was the view from our apartment every morning.
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on the title for the full story):

No comments:

Post a Comment