Tuesday 29 July 2014

Mac Morning, Historical Wander and Flowers

Spent a lot of the day at a clients backing up and updating two old Macintosh machines. Saw these distinctive markings on my way there.
Afterwards made my way down the hill into town, over the canal… 
…over the railway line… 
 … past where Queen Charlotte lived …
… past an outlet for the new rent-a-bike scheme - Bath bikes, not Boris bikes…
… past the Holbourne Museum, which had an interactive figure sculpture triggered by people approaching it… 
… past the rather magnificent old post box… 
… along Great Pulteney Street …
… past Admiral earl Howe's former residence …  
… and where Hannah More used to live … 
… past this church, which I've passed many times in a car but never noticed.
Later on, Su and I took Bella for an early evening walk and met our neighbour and her splendid bicycle bell. 
I wish it could be Christmas every day! 
Buddleia flowers still going strong around the neighbourhood. 
Pretty campanula flowers. 
The clematis flowers that will turn into old man's beard in the autumn - young man's moustache? 
Su got me to pose in the most stylish bus shelter on this side of Bath.
Bella waiting for me to return with her ball. 
This day a year ago, bees were much in evidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment