Monday 27 August 2012

Emulsion, Chinese Food and Loosened Crown

This morning and early afternoon I started painting the bedroom walls with emulsion. It's the edges that take most time. Su came back from her afternoon walk with Bella and gave me a present - my first conker of the season!
Then it was time to drive into Bristol - through the typical Bank Holiday Monday rain. It's been heavy enough to cause the postponement of tonight's planned open air showing of two Buster Keaton silent films at Parade Gardens - let's hope it's dry on Saturday evening for the rescheduled event!
What a great re-purposing of an old church:-)!
When we asked ourselves when we had last had a Chinese meal, we couldn't remember (and I didn't read back through the blog to find out!). So today's destination was Dynasty - first dish up was this delicious Chinese broccoli.
Here are cheung fung, yam croquette and Vietnamese spring roll - yum!
On the way back, passed some good street art on the way past Temple Meads Enterprise Zone - an offshoot of the recent "See No Evil" event.
On the way back, I started a migraine which put paid to my intentions of carrying on painting when we got home. Still, my trusty pills stopped the symptoms fairly quickly. Another casualty of the painting process was this crown on my tooth, which decided to come loose (after 26+years!) while I was priming the woodwork last night.
This day a year ago, our total number of pageviews passed 10,000. The current total is 36,898!
I also posted this picture of a sunflower in tribute to our friends' son, Ruan, who had recently died unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment