Monday 28 February 2011

How time flies

I got up this morning thinking I had to take the car to the garage early-ish, so I took Bella down to the park, where the first signs of Spring are showing.




Notice the daffodils just starting to come out beneath the tree.

I got home and realised that the car is not going in to the garage until next Monday (d'oh!), So I pfaffed about / sort of worked until after lunch, when I went off to Chew Valley Lake to meet up with Bob, our erstwhile mandolinist in Left At The Lights.  He has been off work since last September, but is returning to the joys of UWE on 15th March ("Beware the Ides"!).  He brought some bread to feed the swans (who were nowhere to be seen) and ducks, who got crowded out by the resident seagulls as soon as the bread hit the ground, of course!


We talked about the possibility of us working together if he gets (and applies for) the same retirement offer as I have had.  I am still waiting to hear if UWE will pay me to go away, but the form has had to cross 6 desks in the last 3 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment