Sunday 6 February 2011

Change is in the Air...

Tomorrow is the interview for the job I've applied for after my previous one disappeared in the UWE restructuring (the one we are striking about next Thursday).  I'm not really sure if I want to do more work than at present and be an agent of a regime that will squeeze more work out of fewer staff.  In this climate, the idea of not working at UWE seems pretty attractive, even if it does mean a diet of lentils (sorry Wendy!) is on the cards.
So,  I have revisited the idea of applying for enhanced voluntary severance.  There is no guarantee that the university would give it to me, just as there is no guarantee I'll get the job I'm applying for.  
Today we went to the beach and Su and I talked for hours about what we could do if I did get the severance and where we could go and for how long, and whether and how Bella would be with us and so on. Nothing is decided, but it's great talking about the possibilities.


On the way we saw some horse-drawn transport, and at the beach we saw sand yachts at play.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment