Tuesday 15 February 2011

I'M A TOURIST TOO..............

Another rainy day so spent morning making chutney from friend's discarded apples and because I'm fed up getting muddy, wet feet, decided to take Bella for a walk around a part of Bath I visit often but do not know - Widcombe. I'm drawn here by the garden centre (and it's cafe!) on a regular basis but have never bothered to venture past its gates. 
Widcombe straddles a steep valley the top of which boasts Prior Park, or what I call the original B&Q. Here Ralph Allen and his chums set up shop to show potential builders their choice of materials to erect their future homes. It had the facade of a grand building (now a school), gardens, follies, a grotto and lake.  For those of you coming to Bath or just interested in its history there are many websites to tell you more - google search "the building of Bath" for a taster. 







No comments:

Post a Comment