Monday 18 July 2011

Still Raining, Still Dreaming - Still Sniffing!

Woke up a bit fuzzy-headed (more so than usual, before Su says it!) and with a bit of a cold. So I've floated through the day - literally it felt at one stage when walking Bella in the rain this afternoon!  Su dropped me in town this morning and I got some shopping and tickets to see Lucinda Lambton talking about "Palaces for Pigs" on Wednesday evening at our local bookshop, Toppings. This should be fun!


I've been playing with vignette and matte effects today:-
A view of today's walk into Charlcombe valley (as previously featured in pictures from my office window)


Two types of clover in the same field - the more common white variety and the red (which, apparently is essential for bumble bees' well- being)


Our first Michaelmas daisy out on the allotment - just a little early! The actual flower was more purple, but my phone camera could not capture the colour in the overcast light.


Finally, I noticed the light from the window shining through the Apple logo on the back of my computer on to the screen.  So I managed to photograph the faint impression (and caught myself reflected off the screen in the process).  Back projection and reflection at the same time! 
Amazing the things you end up doing when you aren't working....

3 comments:

  1. Amazing the things you don't do either! There's a whole lot of paint waiting to go on the walls.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Marcus - and he was hoping for a peaceful retirement...

    ReplyDelete