Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunday

              What a glorious morning. Blue skies, WARM, lazy breakfast followed by coffee and papers in the garden. Who could ask for a better day? Until Bella and I came head to head on the grass with me coming off worse with a bump on my head and feeling like I'd had one drink too many. I checked with google that I hadn't anything serious to worry about (I hadn't) so we headed off to the allotment, as planned, with a picnic, a raised bed (wooden structure not for human comfort) and Bella. There we spent the afternoon working on our plot, chatting to the new people next door, and longer-term residents who very kindly gave us some potatoes.  As I had been so brave, soldiering on despite my head injury, Marcus said he'd walk Bella back while I drove home to put my feet up....bless him!  So here I am, sitting on the sofa with a cup of earl grey tea trying to decide which photos to share with you today. I put a few from our Italian trip on my Facebook page yesterday so will see what else there is.....




Marcus listening to tour guide in Florence or has he spotted something else more interesting?



















Spotted this clock in a cake shop which of course was the reason I  was looking in the first place!












The Italian clergy have really good taste in floor tiles - Moorish I believe.


1 comment:

  1. Poor Marcus. He seems to have developed some sort of red lump in his ear.

    ReplyDelete