Thursday 7 July 2011

Thursday's always yoga.....

.......and I don't always feel like it but I always feel better for doing it so off I went.
Arrived late as got stuck behind a convoy of caravans and campervans no doubt heading off to deepest Somerset which is alright for them but not for the rest of us trailing behind at 20 mph for 10 miles!!! Grrrrrr.....

Class was all about keeping our backs straight while contorting ourselves and remembering to breathe....managed most of it but am definitely feeling my age....which, I am reminded by others, is increasing this weekend as it will be my birthday and I'm being forced to go out for a Chinese lunch and do other celebratory things (I hope!).

Today's pics are probably the last I'll share from our Italian jaunt.  The first is rather gruesome so shall apologise in advance for those of a sensitive disposition. The person featured is St. Zita who died in the 15th or 16th century. She resides in a small church in Lucca. Apparently a recent famous visitor to Symi was named after her!






A local Tuscan sculptor has plonked some of his creations where passers-by can admire them....or not!









I can't remember is Marcus is talking to this wall or holding it up....anyway, it's an extremely ancient elevation (Etruscan) so it was worthy of a mention.

1 comment:

  1. Shirley Valentine had several sensible conversations with her wall.

    ReplyDelete