Wednesday 13 July 2011

Today's been a mixed bag of activities........

.......starting with good intentions i.e. getting up at a decent time, breakfast, peruse the paper and check emails etc.  Unfortunately I got stuck at the emails bit as I then went on to see what's happening on Symi (actually I do that every morning) and decided to do more Turkey homework.  I'm still trying to find out if we can get on to a Greek island without going via Athens/Thessalonika/Bruges!! If only the Turkish Govt hadn't closed it's borders we could have got the train from Istanbul on to the Greek mainland and got a ferry from quite a few different places along the coast, but politics  will always dictate the fate of the tourist so we can only do what we can do. Anyway will let you know when I know.......





Meanwhile Marcus has now finished decorating the sitting room which is positively gleaming with its new coat of paint and Marcus is feeling a little weary but very proud of himself.












  




A sad fact but a true one....I have only ever had TWO knickerbocker glories in my entire life and Marcus has bought both of them!

This confection was last night's offering - Linda is eying it up while she waits for hers to arrive!









?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!

No comments:

Post a Comment