Thursday 6 January 2011

BACK TO THE LAND OF THE LIVING


Dragged myself out of my pit, had shower and decided that I'm bored with being "ill" so have been busying myself looking through a pile of old magazines and other memorabilia found at my mother's flat after she died a few years ago. Amused myself with a 1966 Sunday Times colour supplement showing the latest fashions. Could have been in last week's edition they're so up-to-date....only difference is the price and the quality. In the 60's I bought dresses (minis of course) which were 100% cotton or wool. Same with woollies. No fleeces then of course but lovely machine-made woollen jumpers, cardigans etc. These clothes were all within my clothing budget and I only earned £5 a week tops!
Also came across one of my mother's utility bills dated 1950 for two orders of coal....as our coal order came yesterday and cost considerably more I thought you'd like to see the one from when I was 6 months old........

1 comment:

  1. Pleased you rallied, Su, despite Marcus abandoning you to go off drinking with his pals after you'd tended to his fevered brow. Mind you, man flu is definitely worse than a feminine sneeze or two... ;0)

    ReplyDelete