Friday 1 October 2010

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Patsi, my friend the dancer!

This is Marcus reading outside hotel room in Mathes nr. Rethymnon in Crete. The room itself was a bit seedy but outside was heaven with wonderful views of the sea on one side and mountains on the other! I really must try and "live in the now" but it's raining today and I always cheer myself up on days like this by digging through travel pics.....







Not very exciting day ahead - food shopping and finishing an indoor carpentry project (yes it's me, Su, speaking for those readers who for some misguided reason think it's a "man" job). We decided about 6 months ago to utilise the tallest space under the stairs as a "cloakroom" rather than a cupboard where things get chucked and forgotten - we've already got one of those. I've now filled all the holes in the walls, sanded down the wood panelling and put thin coat of emulsion on to give me some idea what it will look like. Today I'm putting in skirting boards and gap filling, followed by fixing wooden boards on walls for coat hooks to be attached to. Finally - paint all surfaces. Finally, finally - screw on hooks. Leave to admire (and dry) before loading up with coats, hats, dog leads, bags, boots etc. etc.....
In case you think I've forgotten that I'm supposed to be planning our escape, am currently reading "It's All Greek to Me!" by John Mole - an hilarious tale of one man and his family deciding to renovate a house on a Greek island. Also reading "Best Women's Travel Tales" and "The Ukimwi Road" by Dervla Murphy who at the age of 60 cycled on her own from Kenya to Zimbabwe just for the crack!! Now that's what I call escaping......


No comments:

Post a Comment