Saturday 3 August 2013

Market, Rain and DIY

Out in town this morning, parked in Homebase - looking towards the new riverside development.
We went up to the Farmer's Market - lots of stalls of tempting food.
Individually labelled fish.
Later on, sorting out stuff in the van I came across this tiny shell - legacy of a visit to the seaside. 
After years of thinking about it, I have finally bought (and put up) hanging brackets for my guitars.
Out with Bella this afternoon after a heavy downpour, these mallow flowers were freshly rinsed.  
This lichen on a cherry tree made me think of green man images I've seen. 
Newly washed honeysuckle flowers.
Still some flowers on this wisteria - very late. 
We weren't lucky enough to avoid the rain - sheltered under a tree for a few minutes until Bella decided she wanted to move on. 
Another street with holey bollards proved irresistible - I like the way these actually line up. 
This day a year ago, I was down in Larkhall where I spotted this annotated road sign. 
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on the title for the full story):

No comments:

Post a Comment