Monday 22 November 2010

Further and further

My horizons keep on expanding today - Su (my chauffeur still) drove us up to Westonbirt and we walked the outer paths of Silk Wood - about an hour or so's walk. Again, even though the weather was fairly grey, some of the colours there were really eye-catching, as in this dog + dogwood picture, and this plantation of conifers. 



Further on round our walk, I saw this tree cross section, which reminded me of a jigsaw piece
and I managed to get a shot of the rarely spotted Su - the snapper snapped!

The day's excitement didn't end there - after I took Bella for another short walk in the afternoon, Su gave me another lift down the hill and I went to see the Mike Leigh film, "Another Year" - worth catching if you haven't already seen it.  It will be nice when I can drive myself again - that should be within the week. We have a busy cultural couple of days coming up, but I'd better leave something for Su to write about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment