Saturday 30 August 2014

August Evening Light, Teaching Again and Art Attack

It was a lovely light as the sun went down yesterday evening.
Looking straight out of my hotel room to the Hotel Icon, where we stayed the first time we came to Hong Kong in 2012. 
I even have a (side-on) view across to Hong Kong island, where I went last night to meet up with my former student, Hywel Jenkins and his wife Chloe for a nice meal and cocktail at Ayuthaiya.
This is where it is - in Tsim Sha Tsui, not the Himalayas!
Caught the train to Kwai Fong, and then the trusty 16-seater 88c bus to the college for my first session of teaching on this trip. Passed this tower block for the folks who live on the hill.
Past the container docks coming across to Tsing Yi island. 
More container unloading cranes. 
At the college during a break in teaching, I admired these flowers - sort of physalis-like? 
The tower ob the campus. 
After a successful afternoon's teaching and learning, time to head across the road to queue for half an hour to get the 88C back to the station. Tower blocks are still wrapped up, Christo-like.
The light this afternoon evening caught this gaggle of towers nicely. 
What every college needs - a plane at the entrance - for the Vice Chancellor's quick getaway? 
At the bus stop, some decorations left over from a celebration. 
Waiting for the train… 
On the way back through the subway from the trains, I popped into an exhibition of work from graduates at the University - some straightforward stuff, and some interesting.
I liked this - probably even more so if I knew what the writing says… 
Jewellery made from wire, hair and seeds 
Jewellery made from toothpicks 
Blue and white patterned boxes of tissues (about 100 in all) 
 A complete book of philosophical musings like this one - very deep! After that, I came back to the hotel to a glass of wine and two hours remote technical support for Su before going out for a supper of fish, bitter melon and garlic with rice - actually very tasty!
This day a year ago, I had done my knee in, so decorating consisted of just one coat of paint on the back door before I crashed out on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment