Thursday 18 April 2013

Blue Skies, Tyres and a Burger

A brighter day again today, with the feeling of real warmth in the sunshine.
Out walking Bella, I was reminded of how much we British value Nature… 
After yesterday's successful MoT test result for the van, I took it off to get the nail out of a tyre the test had picked up. This took me along through Twerton (-on Avon, if you're an estate agent).
I went to Bathwick tyres (now just the name of the company, but where they originally started). Sat in the sun outside while the van was being sorted quickly and cheaply.
Then home to pick up Su with her new hairdo and off out to lunch at Prior Park. Su had a healthy option.
I didn't. Afterwards, it was the joy of Homebase before I could no longer put off the need to do some more marking - this is a constant theme at the moment, but not for too much longer as we'll be on Symi in less than two weeks time!
This day a year ago, I was still in Hong Kong, imparting my pearls of wisdom to the students there and enjoying the psychedic displays of this hotel near where I was staying.
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - click on title for the full story):

Westcliff-on-Sea 'living room' likened to Tracey Emin

No comments:

Post a Comment