Wednesday 17 April 2013

Van Back and More Murals

On my way down to Larkhall with Bella, what else would you expect to see but an orange in the gutter?
In me, the local paper always tends to insipre a state of calm, even somnolence. 
What else would you use to patch your shed roof with than a piece of lino? 
Bright japonica in a front garden. 
More flowers are coming out every day. 
The van was finally released from its incarceration at the garage with an MoT certificate and a clean bill of health. Nothing else left to go wrong with it now (fingers crossed!). 
Went off to UWE to pick up yet more marking and for a practice.  Only Bob turned up, so I'll have to find out which planet Frank was on this afternoon… Went for a drink afterwards via a route I've not been on for some time to discover these murals. 
I don't know if the university authorities think they make the place look cool…
I wonder what students make of them? 
I found this graphic of bikes at the bottom of these steps perplexing. "Together" is one of the UWE buzzwords - "U+WE" is one of the marketing slogans for the "collaboration university"…
This day a year ago, I managed to catch this lightning flash on my phone during a storm in Hong Kong. It was hot and very humid nearly all the time I was there.
Su's news story of the day (BBC website - cick on title for the full story):

No comments:

Post a Comment