Saturday 13 April 2013

All Screened Out

Out with Bella on a grey drizzly morning, I saw this pile of glass bricks - presumably from an old bathroom - now neglected and no longer fashionable.
Some brightness, courtesy of these jolly yellow woodland flowers.
There was a hint of a glimmer of some sunshine, but it did not brighten up again until this evening - rather it rained rather a lot. 
At the scrubby piece of land next to the scrubby bit of woodland, these daffodils are happily shining out. I've spent  mostof the day looking at computer screens for UWE marking - computerised assignments sound like a good idea until you realise that you have to spend days looking at screens to deal with them.  I'll do my best not to go on about it too much over the coming days, as I suspect that this is what I am really getting paid for from UWE - not facilitating the learning process.
This day a year ago, I was en route to Hong Kong for the second time in three months. The first leg was Bristol to Amsterdam. Flew over these Mondrian-like tulip fields on the way in to land in Holland
Su's news story of the day (Guardian - click on title for full story):

Tesco expected to scrap struggling US grocery chain Fresh & Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment