Thursday 3 March 2011

Wandering around in a daze...........

..............is what I've been doing all day. Marcus needed to be taken to train station to catch early train but did he need to be awake at FOUR O'CLOCK?!  No he did not but that's beside the point (I'll let him explain if you're really interested in his nocturnal habits). And because he was fidgeting around Bella decided to come upstairs to see what was going on and it's hard to get cross with a dog whose tail constantly wags even if she's licking your face!  So, Marcus is in London and I'm still awake despite two compulsory walks in the freezing wind and a couple of traffic jams in warm car which is not good when one is sleepy......
I'll talk about yesterday I think and illustrate it with a photograph taken on my phone so apologies for the poor quality.
I popped down to Bath central to see True Grit at the Little Theatre (Silver Screen for the over 55's at low cost + free tea/coffee and a biscuit).  Managed to sit through an hour of this tedious version of what I thought was a good story when it starred John Wayne et al. Wandered vaguely in direction of bus stop (free with my bus pass for those of us of a certain age).  Like all good tourist towns we have our share of "animateurs"  but this is the first time I'd seen this chap who did not seem to be enjoying himself at all.  He grimaced and swore but managed to play a fine tune on his fiddle whilst swaying gently between two lampposts!
As a follower of this blog noticed yesterday, (he was extremely quick as it was only up for about 20 seconds!) I've been experimenting with video and shall soon put one on here but not today as it's too technically demanding for this mushy brain......

No comments:

Post a Comment