Friday 25 March 2011

Another sunny day...........

............but no time to tarry as we've run out of food, nearly. My experiment in NOT shopping came to an end today. I used up all the fresh food in the fridge, half emptied the freezer and the store cupboard (or in our house, large drawer) and ran out of ideas for meals. Well actually I just gave up as it was getting boring. So off I went to Sainsbury's in Bath who are going to close their doors in the next few days for a "refubishment" which they're very excited about, but will no doubt turn it into a clone of every supermarket you've ever been to i.e. a nightmare of crowded aisles, too much choice and those wretched diy checkouts which shout at you.

The afternoon improved my mood as Bella and I went to J's allotment and watered the seedlings. From there we walked down to the park and threw sticks which made her happy and hot.

This evening have just got back in from seeing a film called "Archipeligo" - an existential number which would have bored many but which Marcus and I found very entertaining.  Plot: dysfunctional middle-class family holiday on Tresco (one of the Scilly Isles off the Cornish coast). Not a lot happened. They ate, slept and argued for two weeks and then went home.  We went to the Scilly Isles a few years ago when my back gave out.  We flew there from Bristol in a plane the size of a small car, a journey which only took an hour or so.  It was very expensive, as was the hotel, but it was the only thing I could manage at the time.  Plot: dysfunctional (for health reasons) couple holiday on St. Mary's. Not a lot happened. They ate, slept and tried not to argue for a week and then went home.




Pic today is Marcus and Bella - as if you didn't know!

1 comment:

  1. The only time I tried one of those self-service tills at Tescos my wallet went sailing down the conveyor belt while I was holding the milk...

    ReplyDelete