Wednesday 29 September 2010

Our garden taken last week.Guess who?

I'm writing this first thing this morning as busy day ahead. Despite the rain I still have to work. I know I said I mostly supervise the other two gardeners but I do actually get my hands dirty from time to time. Today I'm "interlining" two raised beds measuring 8 x 4 feet and ( 4 foot deep) each. What's that you might ask? Well it involves removing strawberry plants, then taking out about a foot of soil, laying down old cardboard and newspaper, replacing soil, adding some muck probably, and replacing strawberries. Not all of them as these only fruit in the summer. The plan is to track down early and late varieties so the family have fruit for 6months of the year...nice. That's only one bed! The other one will have to wait as it still has parsley, beetroot and spinach in it. The purpose of this exercise is to improve water retention which I know works so if you want to copy ........

It's now 2 p.m. Gardening didn't happen as the rain came down and I went in. Indoors that is. The reason I like working for J is she not only elevates me to middle management but also calls upon my other skills e.g. making soup, putting up pictures, taking dogs for walk, looking up cinema times on the internet etc. etc. For this I get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment