Wednesday 18 May 2011

Staring at the screen, the page, out of the window...

A day of solid marking with no excuses to get me out of the house until this afternoon when Bella and I went out for a walk. I hoped that we had timed it so that we would dodge the rain - but we didn't get off that lightly.  We didn't get drenched but it was cold and miserable, unlike the lovely (if still cold) evening it has turned into.
Still, the rain makes the flowers grow - the buttercups are in full growth spurt at the moment, as is the cow parsley and some naturalised phlox (I think, but Su can correct me if I'm wrong).

I have been marking an exam that was sat on computer, so lots of screen time involved there, so I started on a paper-based exam to ring the changes.  Then this blog seemed so much more attractive, especially now that Su has come home and started to create delicious smells in the kitchen! I saw this van yesterday at UWE - maybe we should vet all sign-writing before letting vehicles on site (unfortunately many of my students wouldn't see anything wrong with this...)

1 comment: