Sunday 8 May 2011

Newbridge Arts Trail, Bath.



(both photographs show work by Carol Griffin, textile artist - www.carolgriffin.info)


(Su Trindle, handmade silver and resin jeweller
www.quercussilver.etsy.com or www.quercussilver.co.uk)

(Ann Hines, painter, Bath, U.K.)


These are just three of the many talented artists opening their doors to the public this weekend in Bath.  The standard of their work was so impressive and I wished I'd more time to go and see more. If I hadn't spent all my hard-earned on a recent holiday (!) I'd have happily scooped up one or two items to adorn our walls.  Bet Marcus is relieved I came home empty-handed as none of the artists were exactly cheap..... and quite right too as they are all professionals and spend many hours producing this fantastic work. The best thing about these art trails is getting the chance to talk to the artists which is much more interesting than wandering round a gallery trying to work out what's what.......

I'm now at home facing a mountain of laundry that needs sorting.....but looking on the bright side I've just won an eBay auction for a non-motorised lawnmower and the seller has kindly offered to deliver it to me. I wonder if he'd like to mow the lawn too?








No comments:

Post a Comment