Friday 23 September 2011

So it goes...

A sad start to the day, as I found out that an old friend from my West Midlands CND days, Stewart Russell, has died from the effects of an aggressive brain tumour.  The sunshine only made the shock more intense.

However life goes on, and got lots done today.  Went into town to take leaking "waterproof" boots back and to drop Su off to collect her car from MoT, before a spot of cleaning in preparation for another bout of paint application.
Earlier, this was Bella having a good sniff in the sunshine on our usual morning walk route to get the paper.
Jackpot - 4 Volkswagens in a row outside our house, including the van, of course! 
The Virginia Creeper on the wall across the road, starting to change colour for autumn
I sedum here, I sedum there - in our garden
Divine-smelling phlox, also in our garden
Fennel seed pods - again in our garden
And no day is complete without a few hours in the company of brushes and paint! I need to get some of the new paint they are using on the Forth Bridge, so I don't have to start again once I have got round the entire house...

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and what a great husband to make our house look lovely!

    ReplyDelete