Wednesday 24 August 2011

I spend my life whizzing about......

.......so as well as telling you about my day, I thought you could enjoy the pics of where I was towards the end of it....
I woke up much too early (6.00) and by 6.30 ish decided it was time for a cuppa. Marcus mumbled a "g'morning" so he got one too. He then very kindly took Bella for her first outing of the day while I stayed in bed for as long as possible.

MY first outing was Dorothy House to spend time with a very entertaining woman who's putting together her life story in prose, verse, photographs and recordings. Lots of work for me to do but so much fun.  We laugh a lot and the hour we're allowed each week is just not long enough.






I needed my second cup of coffee of the day by then so took myself to favourite garden centre cafe and spent a very pleasant hour doing the crossword (cryptic).


Bought Lena (daughter-in-law) lovely blue campanula for her birthday as we're meeting her and Ben (son) for a picnic tomorrow. Haven't seen them for quite a while so really looking forward to this outing.
Home for lunch and a determination to track down awning clips on the internet. Success at last and was told they are on their way already!  How about that for service...
Off to work garden to water the pots as owner is absent and swift visit to allotment to drop off wood I'd foraged earlier today to help build our compost bins. Marcus and Bella came too and Marcus, being a wonderful, wonderful man, gave Bella another walk.

1 comment:

  1. Gidday campers!
    Good to be in blog with you again. I've been been mostly off line and up the line at the cottage this last while enjoying the ebbing days of summer.
    Sumac is shriveling and leaves folding and its a beauty time of year here too.

    Enjoy the day with Lena and Ben and know we are thinking of you good people.
    Peace and Love Guy and Wendy

    Just took the 'Symi Dream' (link) tour very fine, Ta for that!

    ReplyDelete