Thursday 4 September 2014

Last Full Day In Hong Kong

Another day at the college, now joined by Prakash who arrived from the UK last night. The skies opened this lunchtime - rain like stair-rods, big thunder and brilliant flashes of lightning. Very exciting!
The rain softened the shrouded tower blocks even more. 
Then, as soon as it had begun, the rain was gone. 
After my morning stint of teaching, I sat in for the first hour of Prakash's teaching and then left him to finish off while I went on an extensive tour of the MTR rail network, stopping briefly at Mong Kok again. It must be time to leave when I don't see these scenes as particularly busy! 
Getting off the train on Hong Kong island at Chai Wan, I was surprised to see a poster for this bunch I've seen a couple of times! 
Walking up the hill from the MTR station on a mission (all will be revealed in the fullness of time), I was taken by the light catching these tower blocks.
I was interested to watch these workers moving large sheets of mirrored glass. 
Even in Hong Kong, there are felt tip artists! 
A good advert for a glass wholesaler to have giant fish tanks as your windows! 
Even better if you can provide bullet proof glass next door! 
Banyan trees in a small public park down the hill. 
A sign of the prohibited activities for the park - I guess this must mean that somebody did once hand clothes out to dry there (and maybe somebody fell asleep there?)
This evening Prakash and I went over to Chungking Mansions on the Nathan Road for a very tasty vegetarian Indian meal. This has been my last full day in Hong Kong - I teach a session tomorrow morning and then catch a plane to Rhodes via Beijing and Athens, aiming to land on Symi on Saturday evening - no doubt completely exhausted and with no idea what time it is or what planet I'm on! So Su will be handling blog duties for the next couple of days - I look forward to seeing what she posts.
This day a year ago, the mist was rising in the morning sun over the Charlcombe valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment