Friday 17 June 2011

Trial Run

Su showed me how to be retired today!  We went down into town this morning via the doctors' and I bought a pair of sandals to wear in warmer climes than current UK temperatures and a jacket that wasn't anything like I have been wearing to work. We had a cup of coffee and then went and looked at the exhibition at the Victoria Gallery - some excellent stuff (not pictured as I wasn't supposed to take photographs) and some strange, as well as more pedestrian entries.

After a bit of gentle web browsing, I took Bella out - just as it started to rain.  We met the bullocks who are newly installed in one of our usual fields, so we took a different route for the walk, which got Bella very excited.

This evening we went back into town to see To'Mezclao, a Cuban band who got lots of Bathonians gyrating.  We stayed until the start of the second set, which did not live up to the standard of the first set, unfortunately...

I wasn't supposed to take pictures there, either... And I barely did any work all day - just a few emails to failing students confirming that they would have to do resit exams (cruel heartless monster that I am!).

No comments:

Post a Comment