Friday 27 July 2012

The Joys of Plumbing…

…and associated kitchen fitting tasks have been a central feature of today. Before that started I took Bella out into a fresher morning than of late, and saw my first blackberry of the year.
There was a lot more cloud about than of late as well, although it cleared up through the middle of the day.
Today we had Twydor (AKA Tudor) playing the game of fitting a new sink unit to a wall that isn't right angled in two dimensions - much fun and games and sucking of teeth ensued!
The temperature rose quite a bit, but it was cool enough to take Bella out by about 5.30. Passed the yellow Triumph, this time seeing the lavishly stickered back of it.
The notice on this garage door next to the Triumph reads "Postie, please leave post in bag. Deliveries: please leave in front of garage." Note that the carrier bag is high class -f rom Waitrose.
Flowers in the field.
These thistle seed heads are proper cuddly toy soft.
At the pub, the benefits of neglecting roses are apparent from these fine specimens.
A white feather lay across my path.
Tudor's van - I highly recommend him if you are looking for a plumber in the Bath area. He will finish off on Monday, but has left us with a working sink.
Because I still do a bit of teaching for UWE, I asked for one of their new contactless ID swipe cards so that I can get parked when I go to meetings on the campus. It arrived today, complete with the same staff number I had when I was full-time. I have now restored my former UWE email address and ID - wonder if I can sneak my old salary out of them next:-)!!!!
This day a year ago, Su was up at the American Museum in Bath where she saw this wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment