Sunday 8 July 2012

Dry Day - Even Some Sunshine

The remains of drizzle this morning cleared to give blue skies and hints of sunshine.
Out with Bella, saw this lovely foxglove.
A red robin shining in brighter light than of late.
I liked the way these railings marched along.
By the time I got home with the paper, the sun was properly out - enough for our vine to cast strong shadows on the wall.
After breakfast we took ourselves up to Westonbirt to take advantage of the dry weather. We were rewarded by sunny vistas and lovely trees and plants.
Pretty blossom on this tree.
Tree in full leaf.
The first I've seen this year - rosebay willow herb. We used to see lots of it in damp places when we lived in Hebden Bridge
Wandered through the trees and came across these foot-powered lathes set up under the big barn. Looked like there had been a course taking place there.
The day has carried on with bright skies and stayed dry through the afternoon - unlike the rain at Wimbledon!.It has even been warm enough for me to get my shorts on - practice for Symi later this week!


This day a year ago was my official leaving "do" from UWE - some of my erstwhile colleagues caught here, showing their best side:-).


No comments:

Post a Comment