Tuesday 5 April 2011

No need to rush in for a lecture or tutorial today, so I took my time.  During the morning walk with Bella, I was struck by pollarded trees (they always look so hacked about before the leaves come), my first sighting of bluebells this year, and a strange fruit indeed.
 

After a fruitful time picking up film-making assignments to mark, talking to research assistant and conference co-organiser, I threw away a bot more paper from my bookshelves and came home.


As well as a branch of Waterstones, we are blessed with two excellent independent bookshops in Bath - Mr B's and Toppings.  Both of them put on events with authors, and tonight we went to Toppings to listen to Dan Pearson (who writes a gardening column in the Observer).  It is a shop full of temptation for academics and bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment