Sunday 3 June 2012

Sunday, Drippy Sunday

Much rain in the night (the harbinger of more to come on and off through the day), so the world had been rinsed clean and fresh by the time Bella and I got out this morning for a walk.

Walked to our nearest corner shop, taken over by new owners while we were in Greece. This means we can happily use it once again, having been alienated from the previous owner like half the neighbourhood (maybe why he sold up?).
The outbreak of flag displaying continues there as well.
This afternoon we went off to Bristol. Followed this van for a while which had a "V' in a circle with the slogan "Vanarchy":-)
On the way in to our destination, saw this Gazoo plant- made me think of Claudia at the Sunrise Cafe on Symi for some reason…
This was our destination - Dynasty, the best Chinese restaurant in the South West of England
And this was the reason for our quest - dim sum! Paper wrapped prawns, yam croquettes, cheung fun, four delicious chicken rolls and a variety of dumplings. Yum!
Our dim sum cravings suitably sated, we set off back to Bath via a rather large diversion. Passing Temple Meads station, realised that a rather large building had been demolished since we were last there.
Driving through Totterdown, saw this rather splendidly decorated gable end 
Drove to Carlingcott via Hunstrete and Timsbury, and found this brilliantly named road . I guess it's been there a long time?
Quite a bit of driving through dingly dell roads around that part of Somerset before we returned to Bath…
This day a year ago, I had just 33 exam questions to mark between me and my last ever marking for UWE as a full-time employee. (I haven't completely escaped, as I expect some exam papers from Hong Kong to find their way to me before too long, as their exam is this week). The sun had, as promised, come out and shone all day - so I did my marking in my Summer office, with Bella dropping her ball at my feet all the while…

No comments:

Post a Comment